- METAGAMING – Using any of the information below, causes a prejudice view on others and is basically what METAGAMING is. Identifying players and player-owned creatures or structures through use of their nameplate is considered insufficient RP and is prohibited. This includes:
- Using radio tags to find tribe and character names,
- Using your HUD on a structure of any kind,
- You MAY NOT use your spyglass or naked eye to see a dinosaur, character’s name or a tribes name.
- You MAY obtain someone’s name from an implant on their body.
- If you were raided and the evidence left is false (the raiders blamed someone else), you may not act on your tribe log information. You should follow the false trail and ask around for more information. DO NOT, under any circumstances, confront the raiders and suggest that “a little bird” told you who really raided you.
- You are NOT allowed to learn character names or tribe names from the radio, because it is voice. Certainly, if you’ve met a character before, you would recognize their voice. But if you’ve never interacted with a character, unless they specifically state their name or their tribe’s name, all you know is their voice. When you finally meet, it is absolutely within RP to say, “Oh, you’re Jimmy Kidd”! I recognize your voice from the radio!
- Naming/Nicknames – When you applied to Ark Down Under, you signed up with Discord as part of the process. It’s required that you edit your nickname on the Discord server to “Current Character Name | GT/Nick”. For e.g “Franku Reynolds | BlueBall” so that it’s easier for people to contact you. Additionally, this will allow staff to find you quickly in any event. If the staff are unable to contact you, we will have no other recourse than to take appropriate actions against you, as we will only have one side of the story. If your gamertag is the same as your character name, you must still follow this rule.
- Alternate Characters – If you have a second character, your characters must have completely separate lives in different tribes. You may not have both characters logged into the server at the same time; this gives you an unfair advantage, and takes up a player slot during busy times.
- Stay in character – You must stay in character at all times on Ark Down Under servers. This means no going out of character (OOC) even on the radio. You can talk to people on Xboxlive, Discord, but you must always be in character on this server. Don’t ruin the immersion! Make it fun!
- Context! – Stay in context of the world and place you live in! You need to think about your character development in the same way, not everyone has the same story but try to stay consistent. Our server has Lore, we suggest you read it, although it is not essential to roleplay, it may enrich your experience with us.
- Roleplay it out – Your first action in any disagreement should always be to try to RP it out. If that doesn’t work and you have a problem with another player, handle it privately, rather than having an open argument on the radio/in chat in the game or in a public forum like Discord. If the player has broken a rule, file a Breach of Roleplay report.
- Slander – You must not speak poorly to others in-game, on Xboxlive, in chat, or elsewhere. If you have an issue with someone, submit a report. You are representing Ark Down Under when you’re on our servers.
- Tribe – *restrictions apply unless otherwise specified in roleplay.
- Each tribe is allowed a maximum of FOUR ships.*
- Each tribe is allowed a maximum of TWO Rock elementals.*
- Each tribe is allowed one “main” base and one smaller, separate location (for example, a main RP base, and a smaller, secure build for PVP). If an staff feels your build is too big, expect a request to downsize. (See “Structures” below)*
- Survivor – *restrictions apply unless otherwise specified in roleplay.
- Each survivor is allowed ONE Wyvern, whether in a tribe or solo.*
- Auto-turrets and Plant X – Projectile defenses may be used on the outside of a building; however, if you are in a high traffic area, you should have the range and warning set to accommodate this. If you build a base out of the way from people, use your best judgment on warnings and range.*
- Caves – You may not block off any cave that contains drops or artifacts. You may build in them, but the drops and artifacts must be accessible – this also means that you may not build close enough to them to block their spawn.
- Area Claiming – No blocking land or water access to large areas, land groups or biomes unless you have valid and well advertised RP reason and have otherwise roleplayed it out with the community. (See “Structures” below)*
- Structures – Building and base defence
- Every single item placed on the server contributes to lag. To keep it running smoothly, please be aware of how much you are placing and building – a little can go a long way! If you are not using it, question if you need it!
- Empty foundations/pillars/spikes (whether spammed in an area, single foundations placed randomly, or several foundations together with no progress made on the build) will be removed by staff after 72 hours from the start of a season. Empty rafts and abandoned dinghies will also be removed. Staff will continue to remove these foundations and rafts without notice as the season progresses. If you are found with an excessive amount of waste, you may be contacted by the Staff.
- Loot drops – You may fight over drops in a role-play manner. For example: If you arrive at a drop and someone is there, you can choose to challenge them on the drop. You must role-play the situation and make sure the other side understands that if you both fight over it someone may die. Agree on terms of fighting.
- Land rights – You may fight over land, but you must RP the challenge. Any time you destroy someone’s structure, you must follow the rules of a raid, and leave a note in a bad box. (See section on raiding below.)
- Wild animals – When fighting over wild animals (to tame), you must leave the animal alone once it is knocked out by the winner. Hitting a animal that is knocked out is against the rules.
- Value for life – All life holds some value in roleplay. Players must roleplay fear of in-game death TO AN EXTENT. No excessive killing of players or animals or people unless otherwise roleplayed, and/or agreed to by all parties involved as this can lead to claims of griefing. You shouldn’t try to prevent raid retaliation from RP events by “wiping” each other, rather prepare to test your defenses or provide an ultimatum to meet.
- Animals kept on passive – If you store things on passive animals, they are still subject to being “tranqed out” or “knocked out” and the items being stolen. There is an element of survival and you have to protect your animals and property!
- Raid Animals – Taking part in online a battle or RP-PVP and parking your dinosaur slightly away from where the fight takes place does not mean that dinosaur is safe. You still rode it or used it to get to the battle’s location. There is still a possibility that it could be killed, passive or not.
- Collateral damage to tamed animals – You are ONLY permitted to kill another player’s creatures under the occurrence of obvious RP in which the owner is actively involved, or in self-defense. You are NEVER to kill another player’s creatures for other reasons, especially if they’re in a base or otherwise private or protected area and set to passive. For example, one shouldn’t kill all of one person’s tamed creatures because he/she used one animal in a raid. This is taken into the same consideration as “base wiping”.
- Wild animals in PVP – Dropping or kiting wild dinosaurs onto player bases or dinosaurs as a RP/PVP strategy is not allowed due to excessive and uncontrollable damage.
- Caging – Caging of players is acceptable for up to 24 hours from when they were initially caged. It is recommended in RP that you try find an alternate method of punishment as caging can risk becoming boring and borderline harassment for one party and often lead to involved parties logging off with no solution. It should be seen as a temporary solution to conflict.
- Rocket launchers in PVP – You are not allowed to use rocket launchers for RP-PVP or raiding on our server. While they are cheaper than C4, they create excess damage to structures.
- Raiding! – During an assault on a settlement, compound, or any other form of “base,” You are allowed to:
- Make only one new entrance (which is also your exit).
- Destroy only so much that is needed to plunder. You may not drop stolen goods on the floor to despawn; this is considered griefing. If you destroy containers, and do not need the contents inside, please put the loot into nearby containers.
- You are not allowed to destroy the entire base, or cause massive destruction to it.
- During an “online raid” on someone’s home, you must make all attempts to communicate with your target. This may include; game-voice, game-text, #rp_hangout, Discord voice or an Xbox Live Party. It is your responsibility to roleplay your raid with sufficient evidence. There is an aspect of survival, no one needs to be “notified” of a raid, but there does need to be communication during and after if possible.
- During an “offline raid” on someone’s home, you must leave a note for the owner to find in-game AND in #rp_survivor_journals or #rp_hangout on Discord. The note must provide an actual RP trail for the victim to follow, including a hint as to the real culprit. There should be no doubt from the recipient – even if it is a false trail it must be investigated. Your note must lead to some form of RP for the victim. If it is deemed an insufficient or poor note, or you’ve simply blamed someone at random without valid RP reasoning, the staff team reserves the right to deem your raid as a rule break. You are responsible of keeping track of your raid evidence if it is needed in case of a report. If you are unable to produce evidence during a report, you may be held liable.
Be aware that continuous raiding, no matter the circumstance or discussion, can lead hurt feelings and claims of harassment. Be respectful of your fellow player and the time they put into the game. Role-play should always be a priority. Most importantly communicate!
- Approved players only – First, you must read through all the rules below and makes sure you understand them completely! Once you do, please apply to the server; you will have to wait to receive a message from Staff stating your application meets our requirements and that you are allowed to play on our server. Any unapproved players caught on the server will result in a ban and added processing time on your application. No exceptions.
- Friendly behavior – Sexism, racism, homophobia, intolerance, harassment, personal information, hate mongering, heavy/explicit language, death threats, personal abuse, and directed harassment is not tolerated on this server. Toxic behavior in general is strictly prohibited; this includes harassing people who do not wish to interact with you in roleplay (RP). Please be respectful!
- Do not private message staff – We have a FAQ for reference, and a Discord where you can ask for assistance (#tech-support for in-game or server related issues) and (#askstaff for frequently asked questions).
- Suspension Evasion – All suspensions are binding until expiration or removal upon appeal. Any attempt to circumvent a site-wide, community, or chat suspension by using other accounts, identities, personalities, or presence on another user’s account will also result in suspension. Suspension evasion will not only increase the length of suspension, but may lead to an indefinite ban from the community.
- Self-Destructive Behavior – Any activity that may endanger your life or lead to your physical harm is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: suicide threats, intentional physical trauma, use of illegal drugs, and drinking excessively.
- Targeted Harassment, Threats, and Violence Against Others – Harassment, defamation, intimidation, raiding with malicious intent, or stalking of other persons or users, including Staff, Admins, or Moderators, is strictly prohibited. The following are considered zero-tolerance harassment violations, and all accounts associated with such activity will receive an immediate indefinite suspension:
- Attempting or threatening to harm or kill another person.
- Attempting or threatening to DDOS or SWAT another person.
- Attempting or harassing / bullying another player on the server, or outside of the server but in relation to their presence on the server, will be permanently removed and barred from the current and any future white-lists
- Impersonation – Content or activity meant to impersonate any individual or organization is prohibited. Any attempts to misrepresent yourself as a member of Staff, Admins, or Global Moderators is a zero-tolerance violation and will result in immediate indefinite suspension.
- Spam, Scams, and Other Malicious Conduct – Any content or activity that disrupts, interrupts, harms, or otherwise violates the integrity of our services or another user’s experience or devices is prohibited. Such activity includes:
- Posting large amounts of repetitive, unwanted messages or user reports.
- Distributing unauthorized advertisements.
- Defrauding others.
- Spreading malware or viruses.
- Misinformation (such as feigning distress, posting misleading metadata, or intentional channel miscategorization).
- Tampering (such as artificially inflating follow or live viewer stats).
- Selling or sharing user accounts
- Pornography and Other Sexually Explicit Conduct – Any content or activity involving pornography, sexual intercourse, or adult services is prohibited. Conduct involving exploitation of minors will be reported to authorities via the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
- Inappropriate Behavior and Attire – Content that contains nudity and conduct involving overtly sexual behavior and/or attire are prohibited.
- Extreme Violence, Gore, and Other Obscene Conduct – Content that exclusively focuses on extreme or gratuitous gore and violence is prohibited.
- Cheating in Games – Any activity, such as cheating, hacking, botting, or tampering, that gives the account owner an unfair advantage in an online multiplayer game, is prohibited. This also includes exploiting another broadcaster’s live broadcast in order to harass them in-game, such as “stream sniping”.
- Ban appeals – If staff contacts you to discuss a timeout, the ban will not be lifted until you have spoken to staff.. If you a permanently banned, you will also be banned from all other current and future Ark Down Under servers/games.
- Griefing – Common methods may include but are not limited to:
- Purposeful violation of server rules or guidelines and trying to find loopholes around the set rules.
- Written or verbal insults, including false accusations of cheating or griefing. Often directed at the server administrators.
- Any method of reversing another player’s progress, such as destroying or modifying other players’ creations in game.
- Any method of claiming land you are not currently using. This may include but is not limited to, foundation/pillar or structure spamming of any sort. Any structure placed must have a use, once it is no longer in use, it is the player’s responsibility to remove the structures they have placed. If not, Staff will remove said structure within 48 hours.
- Actions undertaken to waste other players’ time.
- Denying another player roleplay or the pleasure or gain that should have been theirs. This includes anyone leaving the RP world with existing conflicts. If you begin a conflict you must come to a conclusion before you leave if at all possible. You must have a legitimate excuse to put a hold on the conflict.
- Uploading offensive or explicit images to in-game paintings, and/or destroying others artwork.
- Camping at a corpse or spawn area to repeatedly kill players as they respawn, preventing them from being able to play.
- “Training” or “aggroing”, i.e. baiting large groups of enemies or very strong enemies into attacking players or their structures who are not prepared to defend.
- Intentionally lagging a server through various means, such as spawning large amounts of resource-demanding objects.
The Community Hall will provide the necessities to help the new Bob and Jane better him/herself before heading off into uncharted lands. Also the means for Server Events, Faction meetups etc.
We DO NOT offer starter packs for players. Visit the Community Hall. This is not a HOBO camp.
(one per tribe, per time/use)
2x Experience Rate
5x Gather Rate
5x Taming Rate
60% Less food, water consumption
40% Less energy consumption (Player & Dino)
x2 Player Health Recovery
- 100 weight per level (Player & Dinos)
32x Baby Egg Hatching Speed
32x Baby Mature Speed
50% Increase in Egg Laying
50% Increase in Mating Interval
4x Corpse decomposition time (1hr)
10x Crop speed
70% Increase in Resource Respawn
All other rates are the same as “vanilla” or official ARK servers. Admin command logging is enabled usually – please note: this is disabled when building/repairing the community center or making deliveries due to it flooding the in-game text chat. If you believe a admin is abusing their powers please submit a report form down below.
2.5x Experience Rate
7.5x Gather Rate
7.5x Taming Rate
Current server is only on Xbox One. Coming to PC and cross-platform when released.
Players control the actions of a character (and/or several party members) immersed in a well-defined world.
Search our in-game roleplay markets for ARK. You can purchase special items with in-game goods!
Our staff team and community is always around to help existing and new members.
The community tries to cater to all types of gamers across the globe, aiming to provide access to the latest news, releases, mods and a great deal more like our lore.
“Surviving the ARK can be a very difficult and rewarding experience. Working together with other Survivors to accomplish goals and develop your roleplay character is a great feeling. However, sometimes Survivors choose to take a less honorable route, and go against the nature of the game. It is great that so many Survivors are willing to help us make the game a great and safe place for each community member, and we would like to help make contacting Staff regarding this easier.”
It is up to OUR discretion what derogatory and personalized harassment is. If it seems like what you’re about to communicate, could even BORDERLINE seem like it’s going to really offend or be harmful to another player’s ability to play and enjoy the game without fear of being harassed, don’t say it. We understand that there are elements to the game which can cause things to get heated, however we request that you do not go overboard. In these extreme cases we will step in.
To apply for the ARK RP Server please join our discord and look for the #read-me text channel!