2x Experience Rate
5x Gather Rate
5x Taming Rate
60% Less food, water consumption
40% Less energy consumption (Player & Dino)
x2 Player Health Recovery
- 100 weight per level (Player & Dinos)
32x Baby Egg Hatching Speed
32x Baby Mature Speed
50% Increase in Egg Laying
50% Increase in Mating Interval
4x Corpse decomposition time (1hr)
10x Crop speed
70% Increase in Resource Respawn
All other rates are the same as “vanilla” or official ARK servers. Admin command logging is enabled usually – please note: this is disabled when building/repairing the community center or making deliveries due to it flooding the in-game text chat. If you believe a admin is abusing their powers please submit a report form down below.
2.5x Experience Rate
7.5x Gather Rate
7.5x Taming Rate
- Be Mature and Respectful –
We do not have an age limit but have high expectations of maturity levels of our community. Be aware that sexism, racism, homophobia, intolerance, harassment, personal information, hate mongering, heavy/explicit language, death threats, personal abuse, and directed harassment is not tolerated on this server. Toxic behavior in general is strictly prohibited; this includes harassing people who do not wish to interact with you in roleplay (RP). Please be respectful! We are a large and inclusive community, Staff will not hesitate to remove those who do not play nice with others. We are a family, we look after our own.
- Respect the Staff Team –
You are expected be honest when addressing a staff member, remember that we don’t know what is wrong until you tell us, we aren’t mind-readers either! Please refer to the FAQ for any frequently asked questions and our 24-hour support channels on our Discord like #askstaff and #tech-support instead of directly private messaging a staff member, which will take you longer to get your answer.
- Naming/Nicknames –
When you join us, you signed up with Discord as part of the process. It’s required that you edit your nickname on the Discord server to “Current Character Name | GT/Nickname” if you currently engaged in RP. It is your responsibility to keep your details up to date. If the staff are unable to contact you, we will have no other recourse than to take appropriate actions against you, as we will only have one side of the story.For example: “Franku | Reconic” or “Kalika Mokita | Foxes Soxes”
- Solicitation –
Do not advertise, solicit or recruit for any other communities that fall outside of our community network on any medium (in-game, discord, forums, etc.).
- Targeted Harassment, Threats, and Violence Against Others –
Harassment, defamation, intimidation, raiding with malicious intent, or stalking of other persons or users, including Staff, Admins, or Moderators, is strictly prohibited. The following are considered zero-tolerance harassment violations, and all accounts associated with such activity will receive an immediate indefinite suspension:
- Attempting to or threatening to harm or kill another person.
- Attempting to or threatening to DDOS or SWAT another person.
- Attempting to or harassing/bullying another player in the community is not tolerated.
- Self-Destructive Behavior –
Any activity or material that may endanger/depict endangering your life or others leading to physical harm is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: suicide threats, intentional physical trauma, controversial photographs/videos, use of illegal drugs, and drinking excessively.
- Pornography and Other Sexually Explicit Conduct –
Any content or activity involving pornography, sexual intercourse, or adult services is prohibited. Any perceived conduct involving exploitation of minors will be reported to authorities via the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
- Inappropriate Behavior and Attire –
Content and/or actions that contain nudity and conduct involving overtly sexual behavior and/or attire are prohibited.
- Extreme Violence, Gore, and Other Obscene Conduct –
Content and/or actions that exclusively focuses on extreme or gratuitous gore and violence is prohibited.
- Spam, Scams, and Other Malicious Conduct –
Any content or activity that disrupts, interrupts, harms, or otherwise violates the integrity of our services or another user’s experience or devices is prohibited. Such activity includes:
- Posting large amounts of repetitive, unwanted messages or user reports.
- Distributing unauthorized advertisements.
- Defrauding others.
- Spreading malware or viruses.
- Misinformation (such as feigning distress, posting misleading metadata, or intentional channel miscategorization).
- Tampering (such as artificially inflating follow or live viewer stats).
- Selling or sharing user accounts
- Impersonation –
Content or activity meant to impersonate any individual or organization is prohibited. Any attempts to misrepresent yourself as a member of Staff, Admins, or Global Moderators is a zero-tolerance violation and will result in immediate indefinite suspension.
- Ban Appeals –
If staff contacts you to discuss a timeout, the ban will not be lifted until you have spoken to a staff member. If you a permanently banned, you will also be banned from all other current and future Ark Down Under servers.
- Suspension Evasion –
All suspensions are binding until expiration or removal upon appeal. Any attempt to circumvent a site-wide, community, or chat suspension by using other accounts, identities, personalities, or presence on another user’s account will also result in suspension. Suspension evasion will not only increase the length of suspension, but may lead to an indefinite ban from the community.
- Cheating in any Games –
Any activity, such as cheating, hacking, botting, or tampering, that gives the account owner an unfair advantage in an online multiplayer game, is prohibited. This also includes exploiting another broadcaster’s live broadcast in order to harass them in-game, such as “stream sniping”.
- Griefing –
Common forms may include but are not limited to:
- Purposeful violation of server rules or guidelines and trying to find loopholes around the set rules.
- Written or verbal insults, including false accusations of cheating or griefing. Often directed at the server administrators.
- Any method of reversing another player’s progress, such as destroying or modifying other players’ creations in game.
- Any method of claiming land you are not currently using. This may include but is not limited to, foundation/pillar or structure spamming of any sort.
- Actions undertaken to waste other players’ time.
- Denying another player roleplay or the pleasure or gain that should have been theirs. This includes anyone leaving the RP world with existing conflicts.
- Uploading offensive or explicit images to in-game paintings, and/or destroying others artwork.
- Camping at a corpse or spawn area to repeatedly kill players as they respawn, preventing them from being able to play.
- “Training” or “aggroing”, i.e. baiting large groups of enemies or very strong enemies into attacking players or their structures who are not prepared to defend.
- Intentionally lagging a server through various means, such as spawning large amounts of resource-demanding objects.
- Slander –
You must not speak poorly to others in-game, on Xbox live, in chat, or elsewhere. If you have an issue with someone, submit a report. You are representing Ark Down Under when you’re on our servers.
- Approved players only –
First, you must read through all the rules below and makes sure you understand them completely! Join our discord and read through our #welcome page when you are ready to apply. Any unapproved players caught on the server will result in a ban and added processing time on your application. No exceptions.
- Metagaming –
Using OOC (Out of Character) knowledge in roleplay thoughts, actions, or behavior. Using any of the information below, causes a prejudice view on others and is basically what METAGAMING is. Identifying players and player-owned creatures or structures through use of their nameplate is considered insufficient RP and is prohibited.
- Talking/Pre-planning RP in private messages relating to in-game or RP related events with other another player/s.
- Using information from game chat name tags to find tribe and character names.
- Using HUD information from your spyglass or naked eye to see the name, tribe or level of a creature, player and/or structure without any RP interaction in game.
- Using tribe log information as a clue of hint to who raided you in RP.
- You MAY obtain someone’s name from an implant on their body.
- If you were raided and the note evidence left is false (the raiders blamed someone else), you may not act on your tribe log information. You should follow the false trail and ask around for more information. YOU ARE NOT to, under any circumstances, confront the raiders and suggest that “a little bird” told you who really raided you.
- YOU ARE NOT allowed to learn character names or tribe names from the voice radio, because it is only heard. Certainly, if they introduce themselves or you’ve met a character before, you would recognize their voice. But if you’ve never interacted with a character, unless they specifically state their name or their tribe’s name, all you know is their voice. When you finally meet in game, it is absolutely within RP to say, “Oh, you’re Jimmy Kidd! I recognize your voice from the radio!”.
- Powergaming –
Is strictly forbidden, and comes in two main forms: The first is via forcing an action or state on another player. The second is by roleplaying out impossible actions for your RP character (God-Modding), this includes a character that is classified as uncontactable but still involved in the RP context. Do not speak for other character’s, only your own actions and thoughts. You must keep track of your characters injuries, that would lead to a permanent death. If you are trapped in-game, you cannot text-RP actions of your character breaking free.
- Stay in character –
You can talk to people on Xboxlive, Discord, and in-game but you must always be in character on this server. Don’t ruin the immersion! Make it fun especially when meeting new characters!
- Context! –
Stay in context of the world and place you live in! You need to think about your character development in the same way, not everyone has the same story but try to stay consistent. Our server has Lore, we suggest you read it, although it is not essential to roleplay, it may enrich your experience with us. The lore will change over time and you will be expected to react accordingly as your RP character. If you want to RP a text-based action in our Discord, You have to also roleplay it out in game as well. Characters should not react to false text-based RP instead of actual in-game RP. Please help keep the consistency and standard of RP together as a community.
- Roleplay it out –
Your first action in any disagreement should always be to try to RP it out. If that doesn’t work and you have a problem with another player, handle it privately, rather than having an open argument on the radio/in chat in the game or in a public forum like Discord. If the player has broken a rule, file a Breach of Roleplay report. These forms can be found on our Discord under #welcome.
- New Life Rule –
Once your character dies in game during a PVP or RP situation you may either start a new character (see Permanent Death rules) or respawn. When you respawn you roleplay that you have been injured but not killed. You must hold some value for your own life in RP. You do not need to pay to play- But re-rolls of new RP characters are only available once per season (per map wipe) or via a patron’s donation. Choose your character wisely and please consider donating to help support us.
- Whether in a tribe or solo character –
- You are allowed to have a maximum of 5 premium tames. Premium Creatures include: Titanosaurs, Brontos, Gigas, Rock Golems, Quetzals, Wyverns, Griffons, Reapers, Basilisks, Squids, Mosas.
- You are allowed a maximum of 6 rafts/boats/platform saddled tames. It is up to you how many of each you prefer.
- Per character restrictions –
- Are allowed 20 tamed creatures each no matter the size. This number is including any premium tames. To have more tames you must become a registered Breeder using the “Register as a Breeder” form.
- Tribe Size – FOUR players per tribe. *Once a tribe reaches five or more players, a Town registry must be submitted.*
- Towns/Settlements/Villages –
Tribes and/or Alliances with 5 or more players living in the same area will be required to register as a Town and be required to take sides either of the two sides of the main Factions. *Towns must actively update their registry as tribe members leave, are added, or any other changes to professions occurs. Anything that could relate to roleplay must be kept up-to-date. It is up to the Town Leader or appointed individual to maintain this record. Staff will NOT be keeping up with your registry for you.*
- Active Factions – As a Town/Village, you must choose one.
- (Aberration Map) The Lost Colony and The Old Ones
- RP Content Restrictions –
Due to there being no age requirement to join the RP server, there are some restrictions on what can and can’t be RP’d. These are hard limits and there is no room for negotiation:
- Erotic roleplay is not allowed. This includes explicit references to sex or sexual acts, descriptions of sexual acts, sexual nudity, and other sexual-oriented forms of roleplay.
- Torture is permitted only when there is OOC permission of all parties involved. However; graphically detailed descriptions of these acts are not allowed.
- Permanent Death –
After your character is permanently dead. There is to be no sharing items, tames, buildings, information or anything else, that was owned or obtained by the dead character unless prior to the death in character/roleplay. Re-rolls of new RP characters are only available for patrons. Please consider donating to help support us.
- Magic –
You may not cast spells on characters, have magical superpowers or shapeshift out of the games capabilities. This does not include; rituals, luck charms or tokens. You must be able to roleplay the interaction out in game.
- Players should only speak OOC in-game in situations when it is the only option.
This includes explaining glitches, emergency logouts, gameplay problems and such. If you can say something RP instead of OOC do so. OOC talk should be text marked with a “( )” surrounding it.
- “Implants”/Text in #ark_hangout –
This is not a private form of communication, and is to be taken as if all can over hear you. An exception to this is thoughts and actions which are shown using markdown text.
- Please view how to use markdown on discord support.
- “Ravens/Pigeons/Addressed Letter Messengers”/Text in #ark_hangout or #ark_pigeonhole –
This is mostly private between two or more characters; although anyone in the company of who the letter is addressed to may be able to intercept it within reason.
- In-game Voice Chat –
This is a semi-private form of communication; proximity global voice chat is enabled so only those near you in game will be able to hear your voice.
- In-game text Chat –
This is a semi-private form of communication; global in-game text is enabled so anyone “awake”/online will be able to read any conversations. Treat anything you read as if it is being spoken by a voice over the implants.
- Xboxlive Parties/Ark in-game radio system –
This is a private form of communication as game voice chat may be unreliable for some players. To be treated as if you have established a private radio connection.
- When a Town/Village is founded the members will be required to register and sign a treaty to receive a role on discord and the leadership has the ability to choose territory space in-game. This should represent your Town/Village population. Towns/Villages may also strive to gain territory and fight amongst other towns; This must be done through roleplay.
- A Town/Village must have a leader and must stay active, if a Town/Village leader goes inactive the faction itself will be responsible for finding a new leader or leaders. New Leaders do not initially need to be in the tribe to take over a Town/Village.
- Leaders must mark out their Town/Village territory with flags or signs with indications to which faction they belong to, be this a logo or colour etc.
- Town/Villages MAY have civil wars within themselves. This also means Town/Village leaders may be overthrown. It is up to the Town/Village to display flags/colours of their current reigning faction.
- Town/Villages may create their own rules and laws to follow. Towns may however use these rules in character, but overall server rules must still apply.
- Towns/Villages are to create an alliance under their tribe name in game, which they are to add and remove other tribes from as they please. It is up to the town to manage their alliances as to not allow clashes.
- Whether in a tribe or solo character –
is allowed one main base location that you live in currently. Solo players are allowed 1 outpost in addition to their main base Tribes of 4 players or more are allowed 2 outposts in addition to their town/village. These outposts must be located in other allied towns/villages and must be smaller than your main base and should be actively used. If a staff member feels your build is too big, expect a request to downsize.
- Remove your unused structures –
Every single item placed on the server contributes to lag. To keep it running smoothly, please be aware of how much you are placing and building – a little can go a long way! If you are not using it, question if you need it!
- Auto-Turrets and Plant X –
Turrets located inside of structures (without line of sight outside) may be at any settings you wish. Turrets located outside or with a line of sight outside may be set to following options set to target players and/or tamed creatures they may be set to highest possible warning ONLY and lowest range ONLY.
- Your mailbox must lie outside of all turret’s range.
- Caves/Obelisks –
You may not block off any cave that contains drops or artifacts. You may build in them, but the drops and artifacts must be accessible – this also means that you may not build close enough to them to block their spawn. You may not block or build on obelisk plates.
- Area Claiming –
Not allowed without RP. Abandoned foundations/pillars/spikes will be removed by staff after 72 hours from the start of a season. Empty rafts and abandoned boats will also be removed. Staff will continue to remove these foundations and rafts without notice as the season progresses. Report these to staff to have them taken down.
- Land rights –
You may fight over land, but you must RP the offer and have the other party accept to the terms of your fight to settle the argument. Any time you destroy someone’s structure, you must follow the rules of a raid, and leave a note in a bad box. (See section on raiding below.)
- Loot drops –
You may fight over drops in a RP manner. For example: If you arrive at a drop and someone is there, you can choose to challenge them on the drop. You must role-play the situation and make sure the other side understands that if you both fight over it someone may die. Agree on terms of fighting.
- Wild creatures –
When fighting over wild creature (to tame), you must leave the animal alone once it is knocked out by the winner. Hitting a creature that is knocked out is against the rules. Dropping or kiting wild dinosaurs onto player bases or dinosaurs as a RP/PVP strategy is not allowed due to excessive and uncontrollable damage.
- Creatures kept on passive –
If you store things on passive animals, they are still subject to being “tranqed out” or “knocked out” and the items being stolen. There is an element of survival and you have to protect your tamed creatures.
- Raid Creatures –
Taking part in online a battle or RP-PVP and parking your dinosaur slightly away from where the fight takes place does not mean that dinosaur is safe. You still rode it or used it to get to the battle’s location. There is still a possibility that it could be killed, passive or not. Actions of your tamed creatures are your responsibility.
- Hostages & Kidnapping –
Once a player is subdued or surrenders then the victor(s) may take them hostage for up to 24 hour(s). Players who are prisoner/hostage must be interacted with the entire time and must not be neglected or they should be released before the 24 hours is up. Whilst you have a player hostage/prisoner any tribe mates or allies of that player have rights to attack you or your tribe. Once the player is set free and no longer under your care these rights to attack end.
- Value for life –
All life holds some value in roleplay. No excessive killing of players or animals or people unless otherwise clearly roleplayed, and agreed to by all parties involved. You shouldn’t try to prevent raid retaliation from RP events by “wiping” each other.
- Rocket launchers in PVP –
You are not allowed to use rocket launchers for RP-PVP or raiding on our server. Grenades work best for RP built structures.
- How to order/perform a raid –
In order to attack/raid a base, you must initiate upon the owner with a demand to comply with. Once you received a response within 24 hours, you may act according to the PvP and Raiding rules. If there is no response/communication within 24 hours please See PvP and Raiding: During a “raid” Rules.
- Making Demands –
Your raiding party can only make 3 demands of the victim. If all demands are met/agreed to then the raiding party must leave the base and are unable to make more demands from that individual/group for the cooldown time of 3 days/72 hours. Demands must be reasonable and achievable in-game. If the demand is not met, See PvP and Raiding: During a “raid” Rules.
- Each player or tribe may attack each tribe/solo player once every 72 hours/3 days (any form of PVP).
If the character complies with the attacker’s demands, the time increases to 120 hours of no raiding.
- During an assault on a settlement, compound, or any other form of “base,” You are allowed to:
- Make only one new entrance (which is also your exit).
- Destroy only so much that is needed to plunder. You may not drop stolen goods on the floor to despawn; this is considered griefing. If you destroy containers, and do not need the contents inside, please put the loot into nearby containers. You are not allowed to destroy the entire base, or cause massive destruction to it unnecessarily.
- PvP and Raiding: During a “raid” on someone’s home, after they have DENIED YOUR DEMAND or AGREED TO WAR, you must LEAVE A NOTE as proof for the owner to find IN-GAME and IN #ark_pigeonhole ON DISCORD. If you do not have both, it will be considered a rule break. The note must provide an actual RP trail for the victim to follow, including a hint as to the real culprit. There should be no doubt from the recipient – even if it is a false trail it must be investigated. Your note must lead to some form of RP for the victim. If it is deemed an insufficient or poor note, or you’ve simply blamed someone at random without valid RP reasoning, the staff team reserves the right to deem your raid as a rule break. You are responsible of keeping track of your raid evidence if it is needed in case of a report. If you are unable to produce evidence during a report, you may be held liable.
- Declaring War –
Open attack with multiple towns/villages involved. To declare a war you must initiate with a demand. For the war to start the demand must be refused. Roleplay pauses and both parties discuss an appropriate duration for the war. Once a time limit is decided, a private messages must be sent between both party leaders. These messages must include the agreed upon time limit and any allies participating in the war.
- Open Containers/Bases – Containers left in the open both inside and outside of bases may be stolen from without following PVP rules if left unlocked. However, if the owner catches you in the act of stealing from a container they gain 2 hours of attack rights on you.
- Assisting in a base attack in any form gives attack rights on you and adherence to raiding rules.
Be aware that continuous raiding, no matter the circumstance or discussion, can lead hurt feelings and claims of harassment. Be respectful of your fellow player and the time they put into the game. Role-play should always be a priority. Most importantly communicate!
The Community Hall will provide the necessities to help the new Bob and Jane better him/herself before heading off into uncharted lands. Also the means for Server Events, Faction meetups etc.
We DO NOT offer starter packs for players. Visit the Community Hall. This is not a HOBO camp.
(one per tribe, per time/use)
Current server is only on Xbox One. Coming to PC and cross-platform when released.
Players control the actions of a character (and/or several party members) immersed in a well-defined world.
Search our in-game roleplay markets for ARK. You can purchase special items with in-game goods!
Our staff team and community is always around to help existing and new members.
The community tries to cater to all types of gamers across the globe, aiming to provide access to the latest news, releases, mods and a great deal more like our lore.
“Surviving the ARK can be a very difficult and rewarding experience. Working together with other Survivors to accomplish goals and develop your roleplay character is a great feeling. However, sometimes Survivors choose to take a less honorable route, and go against the nature of the game. It is great that so many Survivors are willing to help us make the game a great and safe place for each community member, and we would like to help make contacting Staff regarding this easier.”
It is up to OUR discretion what derogatory and personalized harassment is. If it seems like what you’re about to communicate, could even BORDERLINE seem like it’s going to really offend or be harmful to another player’s ability to play and enjoy the game without fear of being harassed, don’t say it. We understand that there are elements to the game which can cause things to get heated, however we request that you do not go overboard. In these extreme cases we will step in.
To apply for the ARK RP Server please join our discord and look for the #read-me text channel!